Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Not as much snow as predicted.

"You need to show off just how patient you can be, even though it may seem like you're on the verge of losing your mind! It's just a weird day to be you, but if you keep your cool, all is sure to go well."

I was very patient today and at times I was about to lose my mind. Got up early to start shoveling the driveway, didn't get it done until this afternoon. Even thought we didn't get as much as was predicted, there was a lot of sleet/ice pellets that was compacted, hard and very heavy. I would work for a while until I was too cold and too tired to continue and then would go inside to warm up and rest. I called my boss and told her that I wouldn't be able to make it in. I didn't finish shoveling until the afternoon and then finally had lunch. The bottom of the driveway was the worse. It was drifted about 16 inches or so and then underneath there was about 6 to 8 inches of compacted frozen slush which required me to use a garden shovel to break up so I could clear.

Several people called saying there were lots of cars and trucks getting stuck. Dad called saying that in their neighborhood, the snowplows hadn't come by yet and trucks were getting stuck even a neighbor who had 4-wheel drive. Just wasn't a pleasant day.

Tonight I do not have any strength in my right wrist from all the shoveling. And I think I need to get a new snow shovel. It should be fine for the rest of the season but questionable for next season.

No comments:

Blog Archive