Friday, February 4, 2011

Cookies Galore

I took the last couple of days off from work. Did a little housework yesterday, not as much as I should, but at least some. Today was a day of baking. I have not made cookies in a while and have been wanting to make sugar cookies for quite some time. I was wanting to make them at Christmas, but just didn't have the time.

Old Fashioned Butter Cookies
1 C buter
1 C oil
1 C white sugar
1 C powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cream of tarter
1 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
4 C flour

Cream oil and butter, add eggs, sugars and vanilla. Add baking soda and cream of tarter to flour. Add flour mixture to butter and sugar mixture. Drop by teaspoons on greased pan. Press with fork dipped in sugar.

Bake 12 minutes at 350 degrees.

 

I ended up with about 20 dozen cookies. I had only planned on baking half of them and refrigerating the remainder of the dough to bake later, but next thing I knew, I was almost done and decided to bake all of them now. Will take some to my parents and some to work on Monday.

They taste so darn good and they literally melt in your mouth.

I remember as a kid making them at Christmas and we would mail to my grandparents in Arkansas. Grandma called thanking us for the cookie crumbs. Turns out these do not fair well in the mail. But they enjoyed the crumbs and had to eat with spoons. lol.

CORRECTION:  I missed counted, it was about 10 dozen cookies.  I counted the stacks of 6 as 1 dozen.  lol  There was probably more than 10 dozen, but not close to 20 dozen.  

No comments:

Blog Archive