Saturday, October 10, 2009

Game Day #3

An early day for a Saturday. The game started at 11 am which meant had to be at the stadium at 8 am. Not a fan of the early games, prefer the afternoon or evening games since I'm a nightowl. But it good for me since I had errands to run to get the rest of the stuff for the birthday party tomorrow.

It was kind of a slow day. We didn't have many sales until closer to the start of the game. It was a "Bloody Mary" day. With morning games, Bloody Mary's are the most popular mixed drink. And naturally, beer is the favorite. We had the normal troubles with the Blue Moon tap and lots of foam. I don't know why they can't figure out what is wrong and fix it. They gave a suggestion when pulling, but it didn't work all the time.

We were all prepared for the half-time rush, but it never came. We were busy for a few minutes and then it died and we were just standing around twiddling our thumbs.

My 'friend' came by and this week, brought his brother with him. And he introduced me as his 'girlfriend'. lol. I finally asked him what his name was - Mike.

I had one regular guy come by and asked if I was born in the area. He looks familiar but then I do see him at the games.

During the third quarter, a couple came to get another 2 Bud Lights and 2 Michelob Ultras but it was only me and one bartender who was busy making some mixed drinks so I decided to pull them. I had to go down to the other end of the bar and while I was pulling them, Brent returned and said "You are getting good at it". COME ON! I'm thinking, "I'm better than you" but said "I've grown up doing this". Terry helped carry them down to the other end. The couple asked if they would be safe if they left them there for a minute. Terry told them that I would drink them if they left them. At first, they thought he was serious. The guy said that if I would chug all four down, he would gladly pay another $30 for 4 more. lol. They were safe. Would have been nice to have a drink, but not when on duty.

The end of the third quarter came quickly. All of a sudden, someone was taking off the tap handles. A few people came by to get drinks, but had to apologize and explain that no alcohol sales after the third quarter.

Didn't do to bad with tips, got a few. Nothing great, but every little bit helps.

Next game in three weeks on Halloween. The boys won't be happy that I won't be able to take them out trick-or-treating. I may get home about the time they go out, but won't feel up to it.

No comments:

Blog Archive