Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Hustler

Geez, I didn't realize that it has been 10 days since I lasted posted. But I guess that's right.

Friday the 29th is my boss' last day. He has taken a new job and will be moving back to Viriginia. Last night we did an office "Happy Hour" farewell. We went to a bar called Jupiters 2 and had a lot of fun. Had some drinks, good food, lots of laughter and some fun. The place has three levels. The main level has the main bar and some games like basketball. Not sure what the top floor has since I've never been up there. The lower level has another bar and lots of games. After we had been down there for a little while, a kid's birthday party started. Two of us played a round of mini bowling. The ball is about the same size as a bocci ball. I won that game. lol. My boss had played some basketball before I got there and had a little more than 50 prize tickets.

We had a bunch of appetizers - mozzarella sticks, chicken fingers, asian eggrolls, crab & arthichoke dip and spinach & artichoke dip served with pita wedge. Several of us ordered some personal pizzas later (I did the BBQ Chicken). I decided that I wanted to play pool. They have 4 or 5 tables. I reserved a table and got a tray of balls. Several of played for almost 1-1/2 hours. We had a blast. My soon-to-be ex-boss accused me of being a hustler. lol. That I am not. I haven't played in a very long time and am not very good anymore; not like I was ever that great, but was able to play good. The only time I won was when someone scratched while shooting the 8-ball or accidentally sunk the 8-ball. Oh well...I had a lot of fun. Want to go back and play some more pool.

No comments:

Blog Archive