Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Irish Angel

My friend Jude in San Antonio has an Irish Angel watching over her and when I got an email from Kreinik with their freebies and found there was an Irish Angel I knew I had to stitch it for her. I took the pattern with me several times when I would be running errands on Saturday but kept forgetting to get the floss and Kreinik metallics that it required. When my June vacation was approaching, I was determined to get what I needed. I had trouble finding perforated paper - JoAnn's didn't carry it and finally found it at Michael's but it was in a weird location and almost didn't see it. I could not find the Kreinik metallics that I needed for it and I didn't have time to order online and wait for it to arrive. I guess it wouldn't have mattered since I didn't get a chance to stitch on vacation. I found some substitutions that would work. I used some DMC Satins since they had a nice sheen.

I finally finished the stitching and then needed to get some felt for the back and some green ribbon so it can be hung. I mailed it to her along with a Brew Thru t-shirt and they arrived on Monday. She emailed me all excited and was so surprised when the angel fell out. She loved it and also the t-shirt.

1 comment:

jude said...

And ... my Irish Angel is as beautiful as the angel that sent her to me.

I don't know about ... 'forgetting to get the floss' ... (I don't even know what floss is) ... Kreinik metallics ... perforated paper ... DMC Satins.

I do know ... I am blessed to have both angels in my life.

Blog Archive