Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What a coincidence!!

"This is not the time to tackle new business -- you really need to deal with finishing up ongoing or nearly completed projects now. The feeling of satisfaction should leave you smiling tomorrow!"

I really didn't have time to tackle new business today.  I did have to work on ongoing projects.  Jeannie asked me to work on a response to the reply received regarding a problem with the database system.  I told her that I would try but would be out of the office most of the afternoon in a meeting.  I was going to lunch in less than half an hour, but did work on it and then finished after lunch and before the meeting. 

When I told her that I was going to be in a meeting for most of the afternoon, she asked what meeting.  I told her it was the phone interviews for the candidate search.  She was going to be in the same 'meeting'.

The phone interviews went well, but conducting seven interviews of 30 minutes each is mind-numbing.  A few of the candidates were long-winded.  A few never really came out and answered the question completely. 

Final set of phone interviews will be Friday afternoon.

No comments:

Blog Archive