Monday, January 31, 2011

Monday, January 31, 2011

Slip Slidin' Away!

"Listen carefully before taking action today. If you don't know exactly what's going down, you can't make a real difference. Check in with all the key players before you even dream up a plan."

Did have to listen today, but I will have to admit that it was not carefully. A gal called from one of the offices and she does have a tendency to bitch about things and she started in on that and I worked on some things and only half listened. And I wasn't the most professional with someone on the phone. I let the woman's anger get to me and I got a little pissy with her which I really hated getting that way with her and ashamed that I let her get to me that way.

There was no plan to dream up today.

The winter storm started about the time The Weather Channel said it would. It started out as snow and then changed to sleet and then to freezing rain. On the way home, the roads were not the greatest but not as bad as I thought. They were a little slick in areas, just had to drive carefully.


A friend sent this in an email and I thought it was just hysterical. I am in the white area. And it is so true. Even on the 6 o'clock news tonight, one of the newscasters mentioned how people were at the grocery stores today stocking up and she saw one guy just carrying a box of Franzia wine.

No comments:

Blog Archive