Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Birthday and Massages

Okay, the two have nothing to do with each other.

I recently celebrated my birthday on Monday. Well...several days of celebrating. I was a little disappointed that I had no plans for Monday night. Normally, I will go to my parents for a little while, but that wasn't going to happen, or so I thought, and I was a little depressed. When I got to work, I received another disappointment when there was no cake. A coworker who normally makes a cake didn't. She said that she didn't have time but had planned to bring some leftover cupcakes from her family reunion but had forgotten them at home. I said "oh well, that's okay" not really meaning it. Her husband found them at home and brought them in. It was very sweet of him to do that.

As I was walking back in the office from lunch, my cell was ringing but I didn't get to it in time to answer. I found that it was from my parents and was about to call them back and the office phone rang and it was Mother. She called to wish me a happy birthday and to let me know the boys (my nephews) would be there. I told her that I would stop by on my way home for a few minutes. She asked if I had a cake at work and I told her "no, but I did have leftover cupcakes". About 30 minutes later, I look up and she was walking in with a cake. She felt bad that I didn't have a cake and stopped at the grocery store and brought one to me. Such a sweet mother and too good to me.

On my way home from work, I stopped at my parents for a little while and they persuaded me to stay for dinner.

Tuesday night, my parents, brother, nephews and I went to dinner at our usual celebration place - Texas Roadhouse. I love their steaks. It was an enjoyable evening. And NO, no one told them it was my birthday because I did not want to sit on the 'horse'.

For about a month before my birthday, I have been receiving cards and floss from the BBI birthday floss exchange. I have loved getting them. I waited until my birthday to open any. I opened about a fourth of them that evening and then some more Tuesday evening and finally opened the remaining that I received tonight. I loved opening them and seeing all the beautiful colors of floss. I don't think I've received duplicates of any. I still have some yet to receive.

Okay, now about massages. At work, someone comes every other Wednesday to do chair massages. I have never had one. Work has been so stressful for me the last few weeks. It's that time of the year in the office. I inquired if there were any open times and there turned out to be an open time, but it was at a time that I had a meeting. They called me back asking when the meeting started and suggested that about trading slots with someone else. They called that person and I got an email saying the slots were switched. I had my first massage ever and it was WONDERFUL. I almost fell asleep in the chair even though we were talking the whole time. I think I may start getting them occasionally.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Happy belated Birthday.

May the rest of the year be filled with love, laughter, lots of great stitching and LOTS of birthday cake. LOL

In my office our trastion is that the Birthday person supplies the cake or toher goodies and everyone else give them a card. So next year bring your own cake and tell your co-workers that you want a card or gift and they can have cake. :)

Tracey said...

What a sweet mama!! I am so glad your birthday turned out better than it started. ;)

Blog Archive