Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Birdwatching

This evening after I had gotten home, I was looking out the kitchen window and saw a couple bright flashes of yellow. I love seeing the American Goldfinches on the upside-down finch feeder. I then noticed another bird that was darker and thought it was just a female goldfinch, but then it turned and I saw the brilliant blue of an Indigo Bunting. I've never seen the Indigo Bunting here. I didn't realize they were able to feed upside-down like the American Goldfinch. But then, I've got a sparrow that has learned how to feed on the upside-down feeder - he will be on one perch and stretch to reach a seed hole on the side.

I also had a Carolina Wren up under my deck overhang. I might have a wren nest soon there. It would be cool to have a nest, but not sure if I want it over the deck.
I love watching the birds at my feeders. Last year I had several pairs of Rose-Breasted Grosbeaks, but they didn't stop by my feeder this year. I was hoping they would have stopped.

No comments:

Blog Archive