Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year

I'm a little late wishing everyone a Happy New Year, but better late than never.

Christmas was good. As expected, everything came together Christmas Eve and I was ready for Christmas. Though, I didn't get any baking done before Christmas, which I really wanted to do especially the Butter Cookies. They are heavenly and literally melt in your mouth. When my grandparents were living in Arkansas, we had sent some in the mail to them, they arrived in crumbs. On New Year's Eve, I did make the coffee cakes.

I had taken the four "reduced service" (December 29, 30, 31 and January 2) days off from work. It was real hard to go to work today. While off that week, I did get quite a bit of cross stitching done. I haven't had a lot of time over the last year to get much stitching done and also the desire or drive to stitch. Ever since I finished the "Snow Leopard", I just haven't felt like stitching much. I've started several projects, but they get set aside. The "Snow Leopard" was a large project (not framed at this time still) and after finishing, I couldn't do another large project, even though I have started two different large projects, both set aside for now. I have only been able to work on small projects something that I can see progress and an end time soon. I am currently working on a small Dimensions Kit called "Native Still Life". I am loving the bright colors. Another problem why I have trouble with some stitching. The "Snow Leopard" was all muted colors - mostly whites, creams, greys, grey-brown, etc., and I need cheerful bright colors. I started one project called "Nantucket Dreams" which is a seaside design, but the colors are soft and muted. Another was a larger Native American design with lots of the same colors of rust and browns. I need to get pictures of the "Snow Leopard" to share. I thought I had some, but they are not on my computer or the external hard drive.

I hope 2009 is a better year than 2008 for all!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Happy New Year to you too.

You should try some smaller stitching projects to get back into it. There are tons of freebies out there. That usually works for me.

Terry said...

Hope 2009 starts better than 2008 ended for you. When I get brain fried from a BAP I do the small stuff. A quick finish does wonders for your stitching bug.

Blog Archive