Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Rang pretty true today.

"Your emotions are under control today -- which is more than you can say for your friends or colleagues! You may have to be the calm one, though even your shining example might not make a huge impact."

My emotions were definitely under control but definitely not for one friend/coworker. She actually works on the 3rd floor. A few weeks ago, I got upset about a Secret Santa exchange that was occurring, which involved everyone in my office except me, and I mentioned this to a few friends. She happened to be in the bathroom today at the same time as the organizer (or so I thought was the organizer) of the exchange and asked (and not in a pleasant tone, I understand) how an entire office could be part of the exchange except one person. The woman did not know that I wasn't included since she did not organize. Excuse me? Didn't know? She was the one that went around for people to draw names. My friend had not planned on that, but she saw the woman and it all just came out. I think it's kinda hysterical. I guess there were some others that were not included who were not happy about it also.

And word got out among others which I knew would happen when I saw that woman down talking to one of my office coworkers. Then that coworker mentioned that there was an office Secret Santa exchange and it was all in a joking manner because of her giggling. I almost said something, but I just kept my mouth shut.

Happy Winter Solstice!

No comments:

Blog Archive