Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Weedy Mess

With this broken toe, I am unable to get out in the flower bed and do any weeding. Back in May, I was able to get out there due to all the rain. Everytime I planned to work on weeding, it was rainy or very very muddy. Then it was vacation time and when I got back, we had some rain off and on but I was able to get out and do some work. It took two of us 3 hours to get one area done and there was a lot more to do. I worked whenever I had the chance. And then came this blasted broken toe and being put in this blasted walking cast which is very cumbersome and hard to do anything while wearing. Really can't get out in the garden to work.

When I did get the weeding done, I found a weed that I wasn't sure what it was and when I did some checking found out it was poison ivy; great that's all I need is to break out from that, but luckily I didn't. I think I have all of the poison ivy out. Pray that I do. But I still have lots of thistle out there that is starting to bloom. AUGH!

Purple Coneflower

I do have to admit that the Purple Coneflowers are absolutely gorgeous. They are blooming prolifically. The Tickseed Coreopsis are doing good also. The Blanketflowers are kinda sparse this year. This fall I think I will plant some White Coneflower seeds in one area that needs something growing for the summer and fall.

In the front flower bed, which is all shady, the ferns that I planted this spring are growing wonderfully.

No comments:

Blog Archive