Friday, July 11, 2008

Rough Weekend

Howdy All!

The Fourth of July weekend was a rough one for me, but also fun. I went with my parents to Cincinnati for a reunion/picnic that was held on Sunday the 6th. The reunion was quite fun. There were several Cornhole games setup. I joined along and played. At one point I lost my balance and to avoid falling onto the board, I tried to step over and caught the edge of the board and flipped it up. I thought the back of my left leg was just bruised, but it was scraped up. It didn't stop me, I shook it off and continued playing. One cousin wished he had that on video. lol.

After the picnic, we headed back to the motel and I headed for the swimming pool. As I was walking down the steps, I slipped and fell. I bumped the right knee and while swimming, the right big toe started hurting. When I got out of the pool, I noticed that it was starting to swell. The toe turned purple and was quite swollen.

When we got back home, I headed for the doctor and x-rays showed a "chip" and was told to wear 'proctective' shoes and walked around for 3 days wearing tennis shoes. Wednesday evening, they called and said that there was a fracture and go to Podiatry. I called first thing the next morning and got in at 9 am. I am now hobbling around on a walking cast and also have a surgical boot for driving. Gotta go to work. I go back to the podiatrist in 4 to 5 weeks to see if I can get out of this contraption or not.

No comments:

Blog Archive